Just want to let you know that some of the links are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What I Love About Selling On Craftsy:
- Craftsy does not charge any fees to list patterns on their site the only fees you pay are Paypal fees.
- Craftsy offers automatic downloads, when you purchase a pattern you will receive a link that will allow you to download the pattern in PDF format. The pattern is also available in your library on Craftsy.
- If you make any updates you can just upload a new file and it will send the updated file to all buyers of the pattern.
- Buyers can leave comments and pictures of projects they have made from your pattern
What Could Be Better with Craftsy:
- Craftsy only accepts Paypal, this is probably the reason that they don’t charge fees to the seller but you if your customer does not use Paypal then you lose the sale.
- Craftsy does not get as much traffic, I love the Craftsy platform and actually visit several times a week if not daily but I am still surprised of the number of people who don’t know about the platform.
What I Love About Selling On Etsy:
- Well it’s Etsy you know the handmade Marketplace. Traffic will always be the thing that Etsy has over other platforms
- Like Craftsy Etsy also offers automatic downloads as well as automatic updates if the seller updates the files.
- Etsy accepts all forms of payment including Paypal
- You can sell finished items on Etsy, so someone who may have found my shop via the pattern but doesn’t necessarily want to make the item can order the finished product via my shop.
What Could Be Better With Etsy:
- Etsy fees, Etsy charges $0.20 per listing as well as a transaction fee for using the Etsy Payment Processor, it doesn’t seem like much at first but it can definitely add up.
So which platform should you sell your digital patterns on?
Both! I currently have 4 patterns available you can see them all here, I usually direct my traffic to Craftsy but actually get more sales on Etsy. It doesn’t hurt anything to sell on both platforms I mean a sale is a sale whether it came via Etsy or Craftsy.
Do you sell patterns on either platform? Which do you like best let me know in the comments below.